Made from heated, refined clay, porcelain tile offers an increasingly popular alternative to natural stone and ceramic tiles. Its greater density, compared to ceramic floor tiles, makes it a great option for both indoor and outdoor applications. Porcelain tile flooring is intensely versatile and available in a great variety of colors, textures, shapes and sizes that will integrate easily into any decor.
Benefits of porcelain tiles include:
- Resistance to Wear and Tear: porcelain has a high breaking strength and maintains its appearance much longer than other flooring materials.
- Low Maintenance: Porcelain tile is much easier to maintain than natural stone as it repels stains and doesn’t require any sealing for water resistance
- Durability: These tiles are ideal for high foot traffic areas of your home. They will outperform other flooring types, such as natural stone tiles and hardwood floors
- Available in many styles: Choices are limitless when it comes to porcelain tiles. Many porcelain tiles are designed to mimic other flooring materials, such as granite, slate, marble, wood or limestone.
- Moisture: Less prone to moisture absorption and cracking under cold climates, porcelain tiles are a great option for Canadians as we experience all types of weather throughout the year.