Tiles characteristically come in any shape, size, colour, or texture to add style to any room. At Tile Solutions Inc. we offer a large selection of tiles to create the look you want in your home, office, salon, or outdoor living space, the possibilities are endless.
We offer high quality products in an array of materials from ceramic and porcelain, to natural stones like granite, marble, travertine, onyx and many more!
Why use tiles:
Ceramic and porcelain tile surfaces have a much longer life compared to other materials used for floor and wall covering.
They are fireproof. They do not burn nor give off smoke or toxic fumes.
They are an excellent choice for use in wet areas, if properly installed and grouted. Some of the types (porcelain) have a less than 0.5% moisture absorption rate.
Resistance to abrasion and tread wear
They are easily used as floor tiles in busy commercial locations and residential sites. Porcelain and some ceramic tiles can withstand heavy foot traffic due to their resistance to abrasion and tread wear.
They are treated to prevent slipping either by adding an abrasive grit to the glaze or texture to the surface. This anti-slip factor is also particularly defined and rated in tile flooring.
Vitreous ceramic tiles and all of the porcelain tile types are frost resistant. Some tiles may be used in exterior applications. Refer to the tile specifications.
Thermal shock resistance
A properly laid ceramic and porcelain tile floor will neither deform nor break in extreme temperature conditions.
Stain resistance and easy maintenance
To keep the tiles clean, all you need to do is sweep, vacuum and wash and rinse regularly with water.
Ceramic tile materials are highly resistant to chemical agents.
Direct exposure of ceramic tiles to sunlight neither alters their color, nor causes them to fade.
Hygienic and easy to clean, ceramic tiles are recommended for all areas with high sanitary standards
Ceramic & Porcelain
Ceramic Tiles, made from thin layers of clay, are favoured for their wide assortment of color, and variability. Ceramic tiles are customarily glazed and are ideal for both wall and floor applications.
These tiles are synthetic. You can find ceramic tiles in your bathrooms, shower floors, kitchens and laundry rooms. They can be used for both your floor and walls. A ceramic tile requires very little to almost no maintenance, they’re stain resistant, and do not require refinishing which is why ceramic tiles are popular flooring options for home renovations.
Ceramic tiles are offered in various finishes. Tile Solutions carries polishes ceramic tiles and unpolished ceramic tiles.
Unpolished tiles are generally grounded and blended to a fine powder, which are later mixed with water and pressed together. The pressed clay body is then dried; after the tiles are dried, for a polished ceramic tile, the tile is coated with a coloured glaze which is then permanently fused to the surface of the tile by firing it in kilns to form the finished product and a very different look from that of unglazed tiles.
Porcelain tiles, compared to ceramic tiles, are made from a finer, more dense clay, which results in a harder body, and is also fired at higher temperature, which causes the tiles to have greater durability and stain resistance. Porcelain one of the highest rated tile materials in regards of aesthetics as the tile is available in a number of shades, shapes, patterns, texture, sizes and designs. Finding the perfect porcelain tile for your kitchen or bathroom can easily change the look and style of any home area. You can choose from natural/polished or glazed porcelain tile varieties. If you are planning on replacing your bathroom tiles or kitchen tiles, there are several factors to think of when buying porcelain tiles.
- Resistance to Wear and Tear– Porcelain tile can be used anywhere in the homes because of the tile’s beautiful aesthetics, however over time you can expect some wear and tear to the tile. On other hand, porcelain has a high breaking strength than other flooring and maintains the appearance much longer than other floors, as it is extremely harder and non-porous too. Choosing porcelain tiles for your new floor is great because of its hard wearing material and it can resist to stains, scratches, fading and chipping.
- Low Maintenance– Porcelain tile is much easier to maintain, than natural stone tiles as it repels stains and doesn’t require any sealing for water resistance. Spills can be cleaned up easily usually with water and a bit of detergent (if needed) from impervious surface, where it can also resistant to harsher cleaning agents. Porcelain floor tiles looks great for years and needs very little maintenance.
- Holds up in High- Traffic Areas– Porcelain floor tiles are ideal for high foot traffic areas of your home. They will outperform other flooring types, such as natural stone tiles and hardwood floors, in terms of appearance and durability.
- Available in many styles– Choices are limitless when it comes to porcelain tiles. Many porcelain tiles are designed to mimic other flooring materials, such as granite, slate, marble, wood or limestone.
- Durability– One of the main advantages of porcelain tile is its durability. It is much denser than standard ceramic tile as it is fired at higher temperatures and made from more refined clay. In most cases when porcelain tiles are get installed properly, it lasts for life time with best durability.
- Moisture– Porcelain tiles is less prone to moisture absorbing as it is so dense and especially good in colder climates that can direct to freezing, where your tiles will not crack easily. This is great for Canadians, as we experience all types of weather throughout the year.
- Cleaning– Another best advantage with porcelain tile floor is that, very easy to clean and maintenance. It is non- porous in material and it gets protected from bacteria. These porcelain tiles are essentially stain- proof and highly resistant to slipping. The tile can also be installed both inside and outside.
Marble, preferred for its elegant patterns, is famous for its characteristic swirls and veins of countless colors giving each tile a unique appearance. Marble is a metamorphic stone with typically a high polished surface. As with most stones, natural color variations are part of marble’s beauty. It is a relatively soft stone and should not be used in applications where it will be in continuous contact with staining agents, such as in home kitchens. One of the best benefits is that you can add a large amount of value to your Toronto home with a comparatively small investment. Marble is most appropriate for formal and lightly used home areas.
Granite is a natural stone that can stand much more abuse than marble and is second strongest rock next to the diamond, made from a very hard crystalline volcanic rock. Granite tiles are always sealed and polished, which creates minimized risk of stains to occur; you can be assured that when choosing granite countertop there is minimal upkeep needed.
Travertine tiles is becoming one of the popular choices for flooring in bathrooms, showers, countertops and backsplashes, Even the Roman Coliseum was build from travertine. Travertine comes from natural stone and is part of the limestone family. When minerals dissolve in ground water and are later deposited on the surface (through rivers or springs) travertine stone is formed.Travertine tiles can be found in widespread of earth tones, including ivory, brown, beige, brown-red, and even gold. There are also finishes for travertine tiles, such as travertine polished tiles which have a smooth and shinny surface or travertine brushed tiles that give you a little more character and texture.
Quartzite countertops made of quartzite is a hard non-foliated metamorphic rock, composed mostly of quartz. It’s a tough and dense stone, that is extremely resistant to weathering and erosion hence why it can be used both indoors and outdoors. The natural stone, quartz undergoes two processes; the process to create sandstone and then the transformation from sandstone into quartzite through heating and pressure. Below are the different colour types for Quartzite tiles and counter tops.
Pure Quartzite is usually White to Grey, though quartzite’s often can range in various shades of pink and red due to varying amounts of iron oxide.
Yellow and Orange, are due to other mineral impurities. Its blend of colour tones makes it distinct from all other natural stones.
Beautiful blend of Gold and Blue colours with a glistening effect, which gives an eye-catching appearance to your home.
Onyx is a semi-precious form of chalcedony which has alternating straight bands of color, most commonly brown, red, white, and black. A chalcedony stone must be milky, and translucent to transparent, often with layers or bands of color.Onyx, a form of quartz, it has beautiful distinctive colour combinations. Onyx tiles require some care, but with a little maintenance you can keep them looking brand new for years. If you are looking for something distinctive, consider onyx tile for your flooring surfac. This luxurious and glamorous stone is mostly used in kitchens and family rooms because it can elegantly transmit light, hence why it is classified as a luxurious stone.
Chair Rail & Pencil Rail
A pencil and chair rail are horizontal strips of molding serve both a decorative and practical function, they also protect walls from scuffs and dents caused by the backs of chairs and other pieces of furniture.
Chair railing is meant to protect the walls from the movement of chairs. It is placed at a height that corresponds to the top of a chair back. When a chair is pushed back or away from a table, a chair rail prevents the chair from damaging the wall.
Pencil rails typically are meant to provide transition from one type of wall material to another. The pencil rail will be placed at the top of the tile and bottom of the drywall, providing a natural division between the two surfaces.